Tuesday, May 8, 2012

2 Weeks to Go!

Half of my month at home before my mission is already over. Time goes by so fast! At 12:40pm tomorrow it will be exactly 14 days until I enter the MTC. I know it won't feel real until I am actually there. I'm definitely nervous and I know I'll be crying like a baby when I leave my family, but I'm for sure excited to start this new adventure! I'm excited to serve the people in the Boise Mission and help the people there know how much God loves them and that Jesus Christ loves them so much that he gave his life for them!

My sister, Alena, has agreed to update this blog with my weekly e-mails, so be sure to subscribe or just check it every week if you want! And, of course, I would love and really appreciate letters from you guys! Even if it's short! There's a link on the side of this blog with my address on it. :)

Also, if you would like to know more about Mormons and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints you can check out the link to the right or go to Mormon.org. Or just ask me! :) I know that God still speaks to us today and I know there is a prophet on the earth who has been called by God to help us know what God wants us to do and that prophet is currently Thomas S. Monson. Here are some words from prophets that have helped me in my life and will help me on my mission:

         “Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain.” -President Gordon B. Hinckley

          "Should there be anyone who feels he is too weak to do better because of that greatest of fears, the fear of failure, there is no more comforting assurance to be had than the words of the Lord: 'My grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them' (Ether 12:27)." -President Thomas S. Monson

I'm going to miss everyone a lot! Check out the slideshow at the bottom of this page! :)

Love you all!
-Almost Sister B 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family and Friends! Thanks for all the support!