Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"There She Goes!"

Sister Brittany Bishaw reported to the Missionary Training Center (MTC) today, Wednesday, May 23rd, at 12:40 p.m.



Her step-sister, Alena, (who will now update her blog and Facebook) and her step-brother, Lucas, dropped her off.  It's an understatement to say that it was just one last quick good-bye.

Brittany was only a bit nervous, but mostly excited for her long-awaited mission to start.  I must say, it was quite the sight to see all of those Elders helping us to know where to go.  The Spirit of love and welcome were all around us.  The Elders took her bags, we took a picture, and she practically skipped off to start her first class in the MTC.

For those unaware, her phone was given to Lucas for this next year and a half.

Her first e-mail should come next Tuesday, and will be posted promptly thereafter.

I speak for my whole family when I say that I am proud of her.  I am excited for her to learn and grow these next 18 months, and to hear the stories she will have to share.  I know she made a brave, and correct, choice, and that this is just a beginning of a life full of charity and love for her.

Until next week,
Alena

1 comment:

Family and Friends! Thanks for all the support!