Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"When you grow up in the trailer park it's no joke."

Hello!! 

We had Zone Conference this week and at the end President Cannon surprised us with tickets to see Ephraim's Rescue! So we got to go to the Nampa Reel! First time I ever went to the movie theater on my mission! It's a movie about Ephraim Hanks who was a convert to the LDS church around the time the Joseph Smith was martyred. Some of his descendants actually live in the wards that we cover! It was a great movie. I laughed and I cried! The people in the early church sacrificed a lot to do what God asked of them. And they had amazing spiritual experiences that strengthened their faith. 

We also did a lot of service this week. Like we got to milk cows! and feed the calves and pick up bails of hay! I'm glad I'm finally getting my Idaho farming experience. :) It's really hard work. We went to a family farm and they work so hard. I don't know how they do it! Oh, we also got to collect chicken eggs. I was afraid the chickens were going to bite me but I was brave and picked one up to see if there were eggs under it and it didn't hurt me! 

We had a cool experience where we stopped by this house we had knocked on before and we met the lady's son this time. He told us that they just moved here from Washington and he thinks that Idaho is the best place in the whole world! He said everyone is so nice and the weather is perfect. We invited him to the talent show we're putting on. Planting seeds!

The best part of the whole week was when Vanessa Sharp was baptized! She is our investigator that we taught last transfer before the Elders took over the ward she's in. We just love her so much and it was such a happy experience to see her husband baptize her. We got to help do her hair and we spoke after she was baptized. We couldn't hold back the tears of joy! We also go to go to church on Sunday when she received the Holy Ghost. She said she felt on top of the world! :)

Love you all!! Thank you for the support!
Sister Bishaw

Linda's birthday! She turned 21 ;)

Aren't they just beautiful?! Brother Sharp baptized Sister Sharp! :) 

Us with Sister Sharp! :)

We got to go to the movies on our mission!! :)


On Sunday at Sister Sharp's confirmation! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family and Friends! Thanks for all the support!