Thursday, October 17, 2013

"Go out with a bang!"

Hello Everyone!

This week was awesome! We had missionary leadership council on Tuesday. That's always a fun meeting because we get to discuss the mission and how we can help the other missionaries. On Thursday and Friday we went on exchanges. On Thursday one of the Spanish sisters came with me and we went to teach a new investigator. Her neighbors are LDS and she watched general conference and had lots of questions. We taught the first lesson and answered her questions and it went really well. She even came to church on Sunday and said she enjoyed it! On Friday I went with other Spanish sisters to their zone meeting. It was pretty much all in Spanish so that was fun! They even made me say the opening prayer in Spanish! They said I did good and I understood most of the meeting. The Spanish zone leaders are awesome! Their zone meeting was so spiritual and you could tell they really care about all the missionaries in their zone. After the meeting we went to Golden Coral and ate WAY too much! They Sister Bishoff came with me to Nampa because she's in a trio. I know, our names are really close. haha. We went to contact a man who just started coming back to church and we found his stepson home instead. He agreed to read the Book of Mormon and said we can come back next week! You just never know. We set baptismal dates with 3 of our investigators this week. They all have felt the spirit tell them that the Book of Mormon and the gospel are true and that they should be baptized. One needs to quit smoking but she is so close! It's amazing to see people change and gain more peace in their lives. I'm so happy for them. So we went out with a bang on Sister Armstrong's last week! She goes home tomorrow! Today I got my new companion, Sister Davenport from Tennessee!! She goes home 6 weeks after I do! 

Love you all!
Sister Bishaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family and Friends! Thanks for all the support!