Monday, October 15, 2012

"I'M GOING TO BOISE!" for Real This Time ;)


Hello Everyone!
Transfer calls came to us on Friday night! I'm going to...Drum roll please....BOISE! I'll be serving in the Boise West stake with Sister Anderson who is from Georgia. I served with her in a trio with Sister Chadderton for a week one time and she is awesome so I'm so excited! They are opening Boise West to sisters just for this tranfer I think so that we can be closer to the temple for the open house. This is going to be a GREAT transfer! We already started working at the Open House on Saturday. We are in the gym of the church building next door to the temple and we greet people when they finish their tour. We ask them how it went, answer any questions, invite them to fill out a comment card, and show them where the free chocolate is. It's awesome!
On Wednesday I went to Nampa for the day! It's always cool to see a different part of the mission. It was funny because we played bingo in Meridian on Tuesday and then when I went to Nampa we played bingo there too!
Another highlight of the week was Tara's baptism! She was baptized on Saturday and received the Holy Ghost on Sunday. The baptism was a really spiritual experience. Sister Hamilton and our friend Sulia sang a beautiful song called "I heard him come." Sulia couldn't even get through it because she was crying. Everyone else was crying too! You could just feel the love in the room. Love for the Savior and love for Tara. It was beautiful. The gospel of Jesus Christ is real and it really does bless our lives. With the Holy Ghost in our lives nothing can ever be that bad.
Sadly there will probably be no pictures this week because these library computers don't let us save stuff to them. But next week for sure! I took a lot this weekend saying goodbye to Meridian people! At stake conference on Sunday our mission president spoke and he announced to everyone that I was leaving. That made it easy so I didn't have to tell everyone myself! I'll miss Meridian, but I'm not going too far!
Love you all!
Sister Bishaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family and Friends! Thanks for all the support!