Thursday, January 3, 2013

"Remember, all nail polish comes off with water."


Hello All! Sorry for the break in e-mails! Things will be back to normal next week for sure! We didn't e-mail Monday because Sister King was sick and yesterday was a holiday so we are e-mailing today
 
Happy New Year Everyone! I'm going to say 2012 for the next 3 weeks at least I know it. I already wrote it in my planner by accident. haha
 
So Christmas was really fun. We visited some families we hadn't been able to see before that. Then we got to talk to our families! It was really good to talk to you guys! And then we had dinner with bro Sayko, whose wife was out of town, his friend who is single, and a widow in our ward. So we were all just a bunch of misfits with no families to eat with on Christmas. It was so cute! The whole time we were at dinner it was snowing! I told everyone on the phone that day that it barely ever snows here and then what happens? It snows so bad we just have to drive home after dinner. I jinxed it!
 
Later in the week we got to see this lady named Rosalie. She loves when we visit and talk about the gospel. She told her granddaughter that all nail polish comes off with water. It was awesome. Also, he ringtone is the Party Rock Anthem and it went off while I was reading scripture. Good times.
 
One of the people we teach wants to be baptized! He just needs to quit chewing tobacco. Shouldn't be too hard because we've got the power of God on our side! :)
 
We finally got to make an appointment to teach this lady that lives across the street from this family that we know. She went to the temple open house and then was interested in meeting with us. We got a call concerning her and I just felt inspired to go visit her right then and we caught her outside and we made an appointment to see her on Saturday! She is the coolest lady and she really wants to read the Book of Mormon and come to church! She was so excited when we gave her her own Book of Mormon. She was also excited when she leared that anyone can go our church! So in case anyone is unclear on that, All visitors are welcome at all LDS churches. We would love for everyone to come to church. :)
 
Yesterday we went to a couple New Years get togethers at members' houses. One was for this little girl named Marlie's 4th birthday. We gave her the tiaras we got because we think she has more of a use for them. haha :)  And then we went to this lady named Betty's house. She's 80 and has so many cool stories. She joined the church in her 50's. And while I was there I met her granddaughter who I figured out is the mom of this teenager I taught once in Boise. She was recently baptized and she wants to be active but doesn't really know how. She said no one visits her, So I told her I would contact her Elders, which I did. It was totally not a coincidence! Miracles happen every day my friends!
 
Love you all!! 
 
Shout Outs!
-Welcome to the world Shayne Kaluhikaua Bishaw Hancock! :)
-Welcome to the mission Sister Pfeifer!

Christmas talent show! Sister Tonu'u surprised the Elders by teaching them how to dance Samoan! ;)


President Cannon got a cool present! That's a Ghana pin from Elder Ofe if you were wondering ;)


Thank you family!! :)


Auntie Shell and Uncle Tom think they are really funny. ;) haha thanks guys!

Best baby cow ever! We participated in a nativity where the animals talked. Super funny. 

HEE-HAW - Zach was the donkey and bro T was the innkeeper in a Zebra snuggie. bahaha

Guess who surprised me???? Yup, you got it. AND she brought cookies ;) You can tell she surprised me because I look like I just woke of from a nap, which I did.

My mom knows me so well :)

We got tiaras! Thank you Sister King's home ward!


My Christmas PJS!! Love them, and my slipper socks. And that box next to me is from Sister Chadderton who gave me her dresses! My mama goes home in 3 days! AHH!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Family and Friends! Thanks for all the support!